Thursday, January 27, 2011

CSI: Mindcrime

Over the past few days I have been watching reruns of the CSI spinoffs.  And after my dog rolled her eyes at David Caruso, it got me thinking about the pros and cons of the two spinoffs.  I would think most of us would agree the original CSI is still the best of the bunch, even without Grissom.  But which is the second best?  The flashy but horribly acted CSI: Miami?  Or CSI: NY, which is darker but the acting is of a higher quality?  (I would argue CSI: NY has the best acting of all three shows.)  You see, even though the acting on CSI: Miami is dreadful, I like most of the characters.  There is just something about them.  However, on CSI: NY, I don't have that feeling with any of the characters.  They are unlikable.  Even Gary Sinese's Mac Taylor doesn't draw me in.  But, despite David Caruso being one of the three worst actors of all time, his Horatio Caine is likable, even with his cheesy one-liners and his one-trick-pony sunglasses.  If forced to make a choice, I will always watch CSI: NY  over CSI: Miami, even though I wouldn't be upset over any of thge characters being killed off.  I know that CSI: Miami remains more popular that CSI: NY and will probably survive for many seasons more.  Even though I won't miss any of the characters, I will miss the solid acting.  If only the characters from the Big Apple version of CSI were a bit more appetizing...

P.S. If the creators of CSI ever decide to do anothert spin-off after one of the others ends its run, I suggest one of these two choices: CSI: Houston or CSI: New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment