Friday, October 1, 2010

On my final day of a mini-vacation...

I've spent the past few days relaxing at home since the club is closed due to aerification of the golf course.  I haven't posted a blog the first two days, not because I haven't had any material, but because I wanted to relax my mind as well as my body.  Well, as I was watching a super-cheesy b-horror film I started thinking.   Why does a supposedly abandoned house have electricity and running water?  Seriously, even for a low budget horror film, that's bad.  (OK, it was a parody of 80s slasher films, complete with jelly bracelets and a character dressed like Madonna circa 1985, but c'mon.)  I am a self-professed aficionado of low-budget horror.  Movies such as Sorority Babes in the Slime Ball Bowl-o-rama and Evil Toons are great fun.  But sometimes the cheese gets piled on way too heavy.  Take the movie I am currently watching (I love watching movies online from Netflix), Stupid Teenagers Must Die.  It is set in the 1980s and has the typical cast of 80s horror film characters including the virginal uber-dork, the black guy acting more macho than necessary and the blonde slut who, for whatever reason, wore a bra with a shirt that did not require one.  (Oh, and how many interracial couples appeared in 80s horror films?)  I can't decide if the movie was made to look grainy on purpose or if the film's budget was about what I make in a year and even for a b-movie, that's bad.  I can't say I had high expectations going into this film, but I did expect a clear picture for the gratuitous nudity which always accompanies these types of films.  The grainy style of movie making has its place, but for purposes of artistic integrity, please give us all a clear picture for the boobies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment